Are your teeth stained?
Do you want a brighter and whiter smile?
Is the colour uneven?
Is your big day coming up and you want your teeth to shine?
Whatever the reason teeth whitening could be the treatment for you!
5 facts about teeth whitening:
- Teeth whitening does not damage your teeth – If done properly
- No whitening toothpaste exists that is able to change the colour of your teeth, they just remove the stain.
- Whitening toothpastes are generally abrasive, acidic or both and work by stripping the surface of your tooth away to reveal clean tooth underneath.
- Crowns and veneers cannot be whitened.
- Whitening kits and gels brought online may not always be what they seem!
Jump to section
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is essentially using a prescribed gel in specially made trays on the teeth to remove stains and to brighten the colour. We have our own on site laboratory and make the whitening trays in-house, this means that they are custom designed and can be made in as little as 48 hours.
What happens in the consultation appointment?
If you are a registered regular patient with us, we will already know your mouth well, so this should be quite straightforward. If you are not a regular registered patient with us, we will need to make sure you are dentally fit and healthy and to make sure that you are suitable for whitening. In order to do this we will carry out a clinical examination of your mouth, teeth and gums. If you are suitable and then want to go ahead, we can often take the impressions at this appointment.
What are my options for home teeth whitening?
Convenience means different things to different people, so we have 2 styles of home whitening that can brighten your smile. Each teeth whitening kit has a different strength formula, which your dentist will advise you on. All of our whitening treatments are designed to whiten your teeth with little to no sensitivity.
Option 1: DayWhite
At home for 30 minutes 2 x a day for 2 weeks
Up to 6 shades whiter
DayWhite is perfect if you want to wear trays for as short a time as possible during the day, but are willing to accept a little more sensitivity than the NightWhite system.
Available in various strengths, you wear trays for around 60 minutes each day, during the day
Option 2: NightWhite
At home for 4-6 hours Every night for 1-2 weeks
Up to 6 shades whiter
NightWhite lets you whiten overnight as you sleep and is ideal if you’d rather wear trays at night. This is also a very gentle whitening technique with little or no sensitivity for most people.
Also available in different strengths, NightWhite also gives noticeable results in 2 weeks.
The cost of whitening is £399 which includes:
- Initial consultation and examination*
- Professionally made custom whitening trays
- Tray fit appointment and full run through and instructions of how to whiten
- Review appointment to check things are progressing well
- Teeth whitening gels which will last for around 2 weeks
- Complimentary toothpaste to help you keep smiling
For more information about teeth whitening click here.